Monday 11 February 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's been ages since my last Monday post... But as I understand this is a weekly meme I'm going to tell you what I read the past week. It's Monday is hosted by Sheila from Book Journey.

I finished reading:
The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Look out for reviews of both books on my blog this week.


I started reading:
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
So far I really enjoy the story. Friends who recommended this book to me pointed out that Morton is an original writer and that things turn out differently than expected in the end. I am looking forward to that.

I posted reviews for:
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, a book I liked a lot in the end but had a hard time with nonetheless.

Books I need to review:
A LOT.
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, which I liked better than Sense and Sensibility.
Wildthorn by Jane Eagland, a pleasant young adult book which takes place in a hospital for lunatics where a gentle love develops.
Lizard by Banana Yoshimoto, featuring six short stories, which center around change in the lifes of ordinary people.

Have you read any of the mentioned books? Did you like them? Are you going to read them?

2 comments:

  1. You need to post more often. You read books that I want to read. Thank you for sharing these.

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Hope you will stop in and share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dorian Gray and Morton can do no wrong ;) Hope you have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete