Tuesday 25 January 2011

The Top Ten Books I wish I had read as a kid.

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme to share your top ten bookish things. It is especially funny for people who like to make lists.

The very hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle - Alone the cover is just adorable, it is definitily a book I would read to my children.

Pünktchen und Anton by Erich Kästner - It's a German children's classic and I owned it but cannot recall reading it. Kästner wrote Emil and the Detectives, too.

Momo by Michael Ende - Another German children's classic. I never read this one but recall it being one of the books in the waiting room at the children's dentist.

The Robber Hotzenplotz by Ottfried Preussler - I remeber having read many books by Ottfried Preussler,like the Little Witch or the Little Water-Spritebut I never came around to the Robber Hotzenblotz.

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren - I watched the movie more than once together with my younger brother but I did not come around reading the book, although one can get them in every IKEA in Germany.

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister - I remember this one to have the most impressing cover I have ever looked at as a child. The colorful fish with those amazing glittering fish scales. It was one more book in the waiting room of the children's doctor. I think I always wanted to take it home with me.

Those are not ten yet but I can't think of any more. But the meme remebered me how much my reading is influenced by English language literature today. As a child it seems I knew way more German authors.

1 comment: