Monday 16 May 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It’s Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event hosted by Sheila at Book Journey to share with others what you've read the past week and planning to read next.

Last week I posted a review of Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. After reading March this book was yet another great reading experience.

Unfortunately I did not finish one book last week. That means I'm still reading The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I couldn't quite get into the book at first but now it takes on.

Next book up is The World Without Us by Alan Weisman. As I got it from the library I want to read it before it's due. I picked it because I pledged to read more non-fiction this year. That's why I made May my planned non-fiction month. After reading Weisman's book I finally want to get to Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff.

7 comments:

  1. I;ve heard good things about Devil so I'm glad you are starting to like it now. I've also heard (but not read) The World Without Us and I think it might be really interesting.

    I've started to read more non-fiction too, and often, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to bump Year of Wonders up my TBR! It doesn't stand out much in my bookcases so I keep passing it by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Cleopatra, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have weeks like that :) Have a good week and hope you get in a little reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Year of Wonders, I learned so much but felt like the characters were 'real'.

    I didn't finish anything last week either but there's always this week :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleopatra sounds intriguing. Curious how you'll like it then. ;")

    ReplyDelete