Friday 17 June 2011

New Books! Are you on NetGalley?

If not I would highly recommend it. At least for owners of an e-reader. It has a great variety of (un-)released ebooks. I requested seven books and already was allowed to download six of them. The titles are:


The Art of Forgetting by Camille Noe Pagan (Penguin Group USA)
The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto (Melville House Publishing)
Miss Timmin's School for Girls by Nayana Currimbhoy (HarperCollins)
White Woman on the Green Bicycle by Monique Roffey (Penguin Group USA)
The Oriental Wife by Evelyn Toynton (Other Press)
Cain by José Saramago (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) *no picture*

The publishers only ask you to write a review of the books they offer, but this is something we book bloggers do anyway, don't we?

I'm already half way into Miss Timmin's and though I thought the first chapter wasn't that intriguing, I am satisfied now. The Lake I plan on reading for the JLC 5.

I hope to squeeze in some extra reading time for the lovely titles I got. I'm off reading!

Do you know or have read any of the titles yet?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pn Netgalley but seldom get a book from there, as I don't have an e-reader (yet).

    They sre some really good books there and I think your selection is an example of that.

    I would love to read Lake, Miss Timmin, Whte Woman and Cain (the other two I haven't heard of). Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Miss Timmins. It's a bit of a slow burner but does pick up towards the end. I got approved for Cain too, but am waiting until closer to the publication date to read and review.

    ReplyDelete