Thursday 16 December 2010

MyTop 10 Reads of 2010

photo credit


1. Madame Curie by Eve Curie - Madame Curie is by far the most excellent biography I ever read, written by Marie Curie's daughter in the most sensitive way.

2. The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy - A book about finding one's ways in life and one of the most curious findings: one does not need to live in Paris to get to know real life.

3. To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - What could I possibly add- I just loved it.

4. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery - Nearly philosophical roamings about life and the love of literature. Already the third book on my list to be set in Paris.

5. In the Woods by Tana French - Suspenseful until the end, with an end not to be expected.

6. The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - I'm for sure one of the biggest fans of Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomquvist. I couldn't get enough of it.

7. A Tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith - I love childhood memoirs. They let me see the world with "different" eyes.

8. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry - India is one of the mot curious places in the world, harboring very rich but many more poor people and their life's stories.

9. March by Geraldine Brooks - Based on the back of Alcott's Little Women, this book gives an insight in the lives of Mr. March and Marmee. Very interesting and very well done.

10. Her fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger - I was surprised by this one, but it seems not negatively surprised.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like you've read a whole bunch of great books =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love To Kill a Mockingbird Too. You've read some great books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Simay and Sam - I always pick my books carefully as I know I won't get read more than 40 to 50 in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a few books on your list - Her Fearful Symmetry is my favorite on your list. SO glad you enjoyed it - I love reading these lists!

    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete